Sonic's Webmail interface is located at https://webmail.sonic.net
To Navigate Webmail Mobile you will be using the blue buttons at the top of your page to get around. Starting from the left to right the buttons are Menu, Compose, Options, Settings, and Folders.
When pressing the Menu you will see 4 new options which are Mail, Contacts, Settings, and Logout. By default, Webmail should already be in the Mail page.
This page is where you will be able to checking your inbox and folders. The options and settings on the Mail page will give you actions for your emails and composing messages.
The settings page will give you options on changing any general settings. The buttons on the are Menu and Sections. In the Sections page you can choose which settings on your Webmail you would like to change.
- Press the menu tab on the top left
- Press onto contacts
- Press onto the options dial, second from the left
- Press on import
- If you want to replace your webmail address book with the one you are importing, check Replace the entire address book otherwise imported contacts will be added to your existing address book.
- Press the Import button at the bottom of the form
When importing contacts from CSV, the first line should contain a header listing the fields in the file. A number of (case-insensitive) fields are supported including:
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Display Name
- Job Title
- Work Email
- Home Email
- Work Phone
- Home Phone
When importing contacts from CSV, all fields are optional.
Automatic Address Book
Webmail can automatically create contacts for people you send emails to. To enable this, go to Settings and under Preferences press Address Book. In the section titled Automatically Collected, check the box labelled Use automatic address book.
With this option enabled, if a contact does not exist for an email address when replying to a message or composing a new message, the email address will be automatically added to the Address Book once the message is sent.
To create, edit, or delete contacts, press the Contacts link in the menu at the top left of your screen.
To create a new contact, press the + icon at the top of the screen under the Contacts pane.
To edit an existing contact, select the contact name from the Contacts pane and press Edit contact on the right of the screen where the details are displayed.
To delete an existing contact, select the contact name from the Contacts pane and press the Trash Can icon at the bottom of the screen below the contact list.
Identities help you to control the information associated with email you send. You are prompted to create your default identity at your first sign in.
- Display Name is the name a recipient will see next to your email address
- Email is the email address your recipient will see
- Reply-To is the email address to which replies will be sent
- Signature is a short message included at the end of all your email messages
Creating a new Identity
- Press Settings
- Press Identities
- Press the + symbol at the top
- Fill in the information that appears
By default, new messages and replies/forwards are composed in styled HTML text, and are not subject to spell-checking by the mail interface.
All modern email clients (e.g. Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird) and webmail providers (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) support composition and display of HTML emails. HTML messages allow for special formatting such as bold and italic text, custom fonts, colored text, larger and smaller text, links, and images embedded in the message body. HTML emails are sent in multipart MIME format, which include a plain text copy of the message so text-only mail clients can still display the message properly.
To compose all new messages in HTML, open the Webmail settings by pressing the icon that looks like a gear. Under Preferences, select Composing Messages. Set the Compose HTML messages pull-down menu to always.
To compose all new message in plain text, set the Compose HTML messages pull-down menu to never, or on forward or reply to HTML message.
To check the spelling on a new message while you are composing it, press the "Spell" button in the options settings, far right most button while composing a message. You may change the language library used by pressing "Select Spell Language" in the options settings.
To have all messages checked for spelling errors before sending, open the Webmail settings by pressing on the menu and pressing settings. Under "Composing Messages" you can press on "Check spelling before sending a message.
Use of Sonic.com Webmail's spelling checker may result in data being processed by third-party servers (currently Google).
- You will be prompted to provide a little information upon first accessing the new webmail interface. This is to set up an initial, default identity in the mail interface. Since many of our customers use multiple email addresses and may wish to be referred to in different ways depending on context, additional identities can be later configured in the webmail settings (Settings->Identities).
- IMAP folders, including the inbox, saved drafts, Graymail, and trash are all listed when pressing the folders icon at the top. You may manage folders by pressing on the gear button at top and going to folder actions.
- Compacting folders will cause any messages that have been marked for deletion or moved to other folders to be actually purged on the server. This can help reconcile your mail between multiple devices that are all using it.
- Manage Folders will send you to the same interface as if your press Settings and then select Folders. From here you can subscribe or unsubscribe from folders. A subscribed folder will appear in your folder listings. An unsubscribed folder will not. Unsubscribing a folder does not affect its contents. Selecting a folder in this interface will allow you to change various of its properties. Please note that some folders, such as the Inbox, cannot be renamed. You can also add new folders by pressing the plus symbol (+) at the bottom of the folder listing.
- Download image by holding it down then tapping download.
- When composing a new message, attach a file by pressing the "Attach a file" button at the bottom. You will be prompted to select a file, then again to upload that file before returning to the composition screen.