Sonic Billing Policy for Residential and Small Business Services
Since 1994, Sonic has consistently earned the highest customer service ratings in Sonoma County. We value your opinion and want to be sure you are always satisfied.
By signing up for any Sonic services, you acknowledge that you at east eighteen (18) years of age, have the legal authority to enter into this agreement, and affirm that the information you supply to us is correct and complete.
Sonic relies on the information you supply and providing incorrect information may result in delays of service, a lock on the account, or termination of your account services. To update your contact or billing information please visit http://www.sonic.net/billing.
Sonic reserves the right to change policies, services, and pricing. Your continued use of a Sonic account signifies acceptance of any and all policies as well as policy or price changes. You may cancel your account if you do not agree with changes in policy, service, or pricing.
Sonic reserves the right to refuse to provide service to anyone.
For support and billing contact hours and information, please see https://www.sonic.com/support
The following policies apply only to non-Enterprise services. Enterprise Customers, please see our Business Terms and Conditions and any specifics indicated in your contract for all billing policies pertinent to your service(s).
- All services require a valid credit card or linked bank account on file for automatic billing.
- Electronic Check/ACH Debit from Bank Account payments require Account Type, Routing Number, and Account Number.
- Credit Card/Debit Card payments: We accept Visa, MasterCard credit cards. Debit cards processed through Visa or MasterCard are also accepted; these have the Visa or MasterCard logo on the card.
- Account balances are required to be paid in full every month. Partial payments (any payment amount less than the full amount due) are not accepted.
- Check payments are not accepted for residential and small business services. Checks received by Sonic for these services will be destroyed and customer will be notified to add an accepted payment method to their account.
- If you need to update your payment information please visit http://www.sonic.net/billing at least 7 days before the next due date of your billing cycle.
- Your monthly billing cycle begins the day your service is activated.
- The billing cycle will start on the same date each month. To avoid service interruptions, your payment method is charged (5) days before the next billing cycle begins. Note that ACH transactions may not clear from your bank account for 2-6 business days.
- Monthly billing cycles can vary between 28 and 31 days depending on the number of days in a given month.
- Your service automatically renews until you cancel.
- Payments are credited from the account due date, not from the date the payment is received.
- If for any reason your credit card or linked bank account (ACH) payment is unable to be processed, you will be notified via email.
- At 5 days overdue another reminder will be sent and a 1.5% late fee will be assessed to your current a balance.
- If payment is delinquent for more than 15 days your account will be disabled. While your account is disabled you will be able to access Member Tools but you will have no web access. Customers will still be responsible for monthly incurred charges while account is disabled for non-payment.
- If payment is received in full within 24 days of your due date your account will be automatically re-enabled.
- If your account is 25 or more days overdue we will send you a Final Statement to close out your account, your service will be permanently disconnected, and your any remaining amount due on your account will be sent to collections.
Exceptions to Payment Failure Policy:
- Legacy DSL: If your account is more than 15 days overdue and you have DSL service you will receive a DSL disconnect notice. Your DSL service will be automatically disconnected on the 45th day of being overdue if payment is not received. Please call us before the 45th day and make a full payment to your account in order to prevent DSL disconnection. Any DSL early termination fees applicable at the time of disconnection will be included in your final balance.
- Collections: For any delinquent accounts that are sent to an outside collections agency, you will incur a twenty-five dollar ($25.00) processing fee in addition to any other service charges and late fees you have already incurred. You will be responsible for all collection costs, including reasonable attorney fees.
- Disputes/Charge Backs: If you wish to dispute any charges that Sonic has made to your credit card, please notify us within thirty (30) days of the original posting date of the transaction. If you dispute charges directly with your bank and your dispute results in a credit card charge-back to Sonic, you will be charged a twenty-five-dollar ($25.00) service fee. You will be responsible for any non-disputed charges beyond thirty (30) days.
- Your service automatically renews until you cancel. Cancellations will take effect at your next billing date. Your service will remain active until that date and you may continue to use your service until your subscription ends. No refunds will be provided on prepaid services. All services will remain active for the duration the prepaid period.
- For your protection, cancellation of your account must be done by phone or by e-mail. Account verification will be required.
- Cancellations can be made by calling 1-888-766-4233. You may also cancel electronically via e-mailing email@example.com.
- Written requests must contain your username, the current date, your reason for cancellation, and the account holder's signature. Only the primary account holder or other verified listed admin can cancel an account.
- All requests for service cancellation must be made prior to your scheduled payment date to avoid of a full billable monthly cycle.
- A final invoice may be generated after cancellation if there are any usage-based charges (such as long distance telephone calls) or unreturned equipment charges on the account.
- Be sure to retrieve any information you wish to keep - email, web pages, files in your FTP and home directories, etc. - and save it before you cancel your account. Upon cancellation, all user data will be deleted.
- Some services may be sold with a contract per your agreement at signup. If you cancel your service before the agreement expires, you will be subject to an Early Termination Fee or the remaining monthly charges, whichever is less. Applicable service agreements are explained during order checkout and in your order confirmation email.
- We are not able to suspend accounts or place accounts "on hold” at the member’s request.
- Sonic does not monitor the usage of your service. Non-usage of services will not result in termination of your account by Sonic and no refunds will be given based on the absence of activity. If you fail to notify us of your intention to cancel you will be responsible for all charges until the date of non-renewal regardless of whether you used the service.
- If you wish to change the listed ownership of your account, please submit an Account Transfer Form by mail, as an attachment in an email, or by fax.
- If it is not possible for the listed owner to submit such a request please call the Sonic billing department and our representatives will be happy to assist in making the necessary arrangements. This form must be signed by both the current and new account holders.
- For a small business account, you may also send a letter on company letterhead with the following with an explanation of why the previous account holder is no longer there and is no longer responsible for the account in question. For small business accounts, you may also submit a letter on company letterhead with a brief explanation of why the previous account holder is no longer responsible for the account in question.