Sonic Fusion Fiber works by sending light through our Fiber infrastructure that is then interpreted by the ONT. If there is no power to the ONT, the end user will not be able to use the Internet or phone.
Sonic provides the option of a battery backup for the ONT to keep it supplied with power in the case of a power outage. Please note that any routers, end user devices, or phones that require additional power and use an AC outlet will need their own power source; the battery backup only provides power to the ONT.
We have one option that is offered on the sign up page after an order is placed. Users who would like to purchase a power supply after installation will want to call in.
The 8 hour option comes with a one year warranty described in detail here
8 Hour Option
Our 8 hour option is the PS18L by Powertec Solutions Incorporated (PSI).
This unit is priced at $99.
An alarm will beep if the battery runs low.
The LEDs and buttons from top to bottom are as follows:
- The system status light will be green if the unit is getting AC power
- The DC light will be green if the unit is not getting AC power and is using standby power instead
- The alarm LED will flash yellow if temporarily muted or be a solid yellow if muted indefinitely
- Battery will be red if battery is drained or if the battery otherwise needs replacement
- The alarm silence button will mute the alarm for 24 hours if pressed once. If held down for 15 seconds, it will mute the alarm indefinitely. If held down for 15 seconds again the alarm will no longer be muted.
- The N.I.R. button will turn off power to the ONT briefly to power reset it
If I have a neighborhood power outage, how long will Sonic's end of my fiber connection work before it's batteries run down? (assume I have a very large battery backup on my end).
Please sign in to leave a comment.