Sonic Desktop Communicator
One of the features Sonic likes to boast about is our VoIP service for our IPBB and Sonic Fiber circuits. Previously we've provided the Sonic Mobile Communicator, an app you can download onto any smart device to use your Sonic-provided VoIP phone service without being stuck to a physical phone in your house. Now we present the Sonic Desktop Communicator, similar in function, where you can use your VoIP phone service through your computer. This can come in handy for customers that prefer to use a computer over a cellphone but still wish to use our phone service when out and about. (Or even if they want to avoid a physical home phone plugged into the ATA or ONT.)
Things To Note
- The same password that gets you into the Mobile App will log you into the Desktop App
- To change that password, click on the View Account Settings link at the bottom of the blue Comm Portal box in Member Tools, then select Change Password.
- Do NOT change the password in the app itself.
- Currently, Windows 7, 8 & 10 as well as MAC OS X 10.7+, are supported. Windows 11 should work but is not supported.
- To download the Desktop App, click on the View Account Settings link at the bottom of the blue Comm Portal box in Member Tools, then select Downloads.
- Select the option for Apps; it will prompt you for either Computer or Mobile/Tablet.
- Selecting Computer will tell you which OS's are supported.
The Pictures You've Been Waiting For:
|Select View Account Settings
|Select View Apps
|Select Desktop and OS
|Download then run Wizard
|View Call History
|More Options Under File
|View Account and More Under Tools
|Check for Updates and More Info
|Dial Pad or Type Name of Contact
|Contact List- Call or SMS
Direct Download Links for Communicator
Download the Sonic Communicator application to use all the features of your CommPortal account.