Office 365 includes access to Microsoft's mail client Outlook. The below guide was generated on a computer running Outlook 2016 on Windows 7.
To configure Outlook for your Sonic email account do the following:
- Within Outlook 2016 click on File. Under the Account Information section click on Add Account.
- On the initial Account Setup window click Manual Setup.
- Click Next.
- On the Account Type page make sure POP or IMAP is selected, click Next.
- On the POP and IMAP Account Settings page under the User Information section input your name and email address.
- On the POP and IMAP Account Settings under the Server Information section select your preferred Account Type (we recommend IMAP). For Incoming Mail Server input imap.sonic.net for an IMAP account or pop.sonic.net for a POP account.
- On the POP and IMAP Account Settings under the Logon Information section input your Sonic username and password.
- Click on More Settings.
- Navigate to the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check My Outgoing (SMTP) Server Requires Authentication.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Under the Server Port Numbers section, select SSL for encrypted connection type for both Incoming (IMAP or POP) and Outgoing (SMTP).
- You will manually need to update the Outgoing (SMTP) server port number from 25 to 465. After completing these steps click Ok.
- Click Next.
- Outlook will test your configuration. If the test fails, go back and double check your configuration. If the test is successful click Close.
- Click Finish.