Sonic’s IP Broadband Phone Service is designed to allow you to reach emergency response services by dialing 911 just like traditional phone service. However, Sonic’s IP Internet 911 Service operates differently and there may be circumstances when service may be limited or not available.
- When installation is complete, please confirm that your 911 address information is correct by dialing 933 from your Sonic Phone service.
- If the address read back to you is not correct, please contact support immediately.
- Always prominently display the “E911 stickers” provided with your equipment.
- 911 will not be available during a power outage unless the Internet Gateway, Sonic ATA and phone are all supplied UPS power.
- Remember that 911 will be unavailable during an Internet outage. Please make alternative 911 dialing arrangements by, for example, ensuring you always have a mobile or other phone available.
- Remember to inform all persons who may be present at the location where you use Sonic Service of the circumstances under which 911 may not be available or may be limited in comparison to traditional 911 service.
General Tips for using 911
- When you dial 911, be prepared to confirm your current location and call-back number with the 911 operator who answers your call.
- Do not hang up on the 911 operator unless you are told to do so by the operator.
- If, for any reason, you are disconnected with the 911 operator, please immediately re-dial 911.