Introduction to CommPortal
CommPortal is a web interface that Sonic customers can use to edit and setup many features associated with their phone settings. These features include things such as viewing recent calls, listening to voicemails, setting up contacts, enabling international calling, and much more. To access the CommPortal, you will need to login to your member tools at members.sonic.net using your Sonic account username and password.
Once logged in, you should see the dashboard. (See Below). This will provide you a menu of different features you can navigate to.
- This is the home page you see when you first log into CommPortal. The "Home" button becomes a "Back" button on other screens so that you can easily find your way back here.
- Always make sure that you’re working with the right phone number in case there is more than one phone number on the account.
- The Phone Status will show the status of the phone number selected. You can click on the “Open Call Manager” button to configure the incoming call and call forwarding services, such as Call Forwarding and Selective Call Rejection.
- The Your Services panel provides links to a screen where you can configure the various CommPortal services that you have.
- Along the top of the window are a series of links which you can select to take you to the different pages within CommPortal.
- This shows you all of your voice messages, and the calls you’ve made, answered, or missed.
- You can add and view all of your contacts and their phone numbers in this tab.
- General Settings have options such as blocking calls without a caller ID, and turning on/off names for incoming calls.
- Call Forwarding has all the options to forward incoming calls to your Sonic number to a different phone number.
- Call Blocking is where you can turn on/off International calls, and other general types of phone numbers.
- In General settings, you can enable live screening, and enable forwarding voicemail messages as an email address.
- Mailbox Access has basic settings about logging in and voicemail playback.
- Voicemail Greeting is where you will go to modify or change the message that plays when an incoming call reaches your voicemail.
- Notifications let you set options for how you wish to receive notifications whenever a new message arrives.
- Reminders let you manage timers for events you need to remember.
- The Group Mailbox menu is where you can create and edit additional Sonic email address.